2. Tap on “General” under settings and choose “Playback in feeds” to control YouTube’s home feed autoplay.
3. From the pop-up that appears, choose to turn “Off” playback in feeds, and that’s it. The video thumbnails will no longer autoplay when you are scrolling through the feed.
1. Open YouTube and click your profile picture in the top-right corner. When the pop-up menu appears, click on “Settings”.
2. Now, switch to the “Playback and performance” settings section from the left sidebar.
3. Here, disable the “Inline playback” toggle to stop videos from playing when you hover over them in YouTube’s home feed.
If you're on a metered or limited data plan, auto playback may consume your data allowance. Similarly, auto playback will cause issues if you are browsing YouTube on a slow Internet connection. Disabling the function can be beneficial in saving data.