The UO Channel is maintained by the Center for Media and Educational Technologies, a department of the University of Oregon Libraries.
The purpose of the UO Channel is to provide a gateway to streaming media at the University of Oregon. Programming featured on the main UO Channel site is to reflect the University’s dedication to “…the highest standards of academic inquiry, learning, and service…” Criteria include:
- Quality of content (e.g., intellectual rigor, artistic excellence)
- Relevance and appeal to students and scholars at the UO and worldwide
- Relevance and appeal to the general public, especially the people of Oregon
The University of Oregon, founded in 1876, is the state’s flagship institution.
The University of Oregon is a comprehensive research university that serves its students and the people of Oregon, the nation, and the world through the creation and transfer of knowledge in the liberal arts, the natural and social sciences, and the professions. It is the Association of American Universities' flagship institution of the Oregon University System.
The university is a community of scholars dedicated to the highest standards of academic inquiry, learning, and service. Recognizing that knowledge is the fundamental wealth of civilization, the university strives to enrich the public that sustains it through:
- a commitment to undergraduate education, with a goal of helping the individual learn to question critically, think logically, communicate clearly, act creatively, and live ethically.
- a commitment to graduate education to develop creators and innovators who will generate new knowledge and shape experience for the benefit of humanity.
- a recognition that research, both basic and applied, is essential to the intellectual health of the university, as well as to the enrichment of the lives of Oregonians, by energizing the state's economic, cultural, and political structure.
- the establishment of a framework for lifelong learning that leads to productive careers and to the enduring joy of inquiry.
- the integration of teaching, research, and service as mutually enriching enterprises that together accomplish the university's mission and support its spirit of community.
- the acceptance of the challenge of an evolving social, political, and technological environment by welcoming and guiding change rather than reacting to it.
- a dedication to the principles of equality of opportunity and freedom from unfair discrimination for all members of the university community and an acceptance of true diversity as an affirmation of individual identity within a welcoming community.
- a commitment to international awareness and understanding, and to the development of a faculty and student body that are capable of participating effectively in a global society.
- the conviction that freedom of thought and expression is the bedrock principle on which university activity is based.
- the cultivation of an attitude toward citizenship that fosters a caring, supportive atmosphere on campus and the wise exercise of civic responsibilities and individual judgment throughout life.
- a continuing commitment to affordable public higher education.
Due to differences in connectivity, there may be times where the live feed or live score does not update quickly; please refresh the page if you experience any issues.
This webcast is delayed slightly from the televised broadcast, up to approximately 60 seconds, depending upon your internet connection speed and computer configuration. Please keep this in mind when calling in with requests.
We will always try to updating this tv channel so that you can watch comfortably. We re-publish content from the third-party television stations, sometimes susceptible to interference from television broadcast sources that we take to be embedded in this page.
If you find the channel that is not working properly, please visit the Official website for the The UO Channel. We are not affiliated in any way with the broadcast and not responsible for their contents. All contents are copyright of respective owners.
If you already have the player or program installed (plugin) and still do not see the signal, please click on the "Report Broken" button.